Here is a live feed for local news and top stories. The news feed below will provide information regarding New York Region Breaking News and top articles along with so much more! Directly from the New York Times. You can keep up-to-date on all news in the area.
Bookmark this page as new articles will post daily!
New York Region Breaking News & Headlines
- ‘I Can Still Smell Him’: For 4 Legislators, This Law Is Personalby Corina Knoll on August 19, 2019 at 7:00 am
Sexually abused as children, four Albany lawmakers told their stories to raise awareness about the Child Victims Act.
- Officer in ‘I Can’t Breathe’ Chokehold Was ‘Untruthful,’ Judge Saysby Ashley Southall on August 19, 2019 at 4:38 am
The account Officer Daniel Pantaleo gave after Eric Garner died was “implausible and self-serving,” according to the opinion obtained by […]
- The People of Central Park West Want Their Parking Spaces (Sorry, Cyclists)by James Barron on August 19, 2019 at 4:37 am
The city wants to carve out more space for cyclists. Opponents say the city is becoming increasingly hostile to drivers.
- ‘I Would Like to Apologize to the Woman Driving a Subaru’on August 19, 2019 at 3:00 am
Parking karma, living where Edna St. Vincent Millay once lived and more reader tales of New York City in this week’s Metropolitan Diary.
- How Ahmed Gallab, Sudanese-American Musician, Spends His Sundaysby Tammy La Gorce on August 18, 2019 at 10:41 pm
He watches documentary films on repeat in a ‘snuggle room.’ He is also into caffeine, cookies and red velvet cupcakes.
- The New Yorkers Are Coming. Can Springsteen’s Jersey Shore Survive?by Devorah Lev-Tov on August 18, 2019 at 9:37 pm
More people from the city are visiting gritty boardwalk towns like Asbury Park and Long Branch. Developers have noticed.
- Pro Tennis Returns to the Bronx, but for How Long?by Adam Zagoria on August 18, 2019 at 6:34 pm
The new Bronx Open, which began Sunday at Crotona Park, is the only professional women’s event held the week before the U.S. Open.
- Homes That Sold for Around $600,000by C. J. Hughes on August 18, 2019 at 9:00 am
Recent residential sales in New York City and the region.
- Banned on the Beach? It’s Still Nutcracker Summerby Aaron Randle on August 18, 2019 at 6:51 am
Vendors think the police are cracking down on sales of the popular drink, sold from coolers around the city.
- Inmate 76318-054: The Last Days of Jeffrey Epsteinby Ali Watkins, Danielle Ivory and Christina Goldbaum on August 18, 2019 at 3:55 am
The notorious jail in Manhattan was a sharp departure from his formerly gilded life. Here’s what happened inside.
- Jeffrey Epstein Autopsy Results Show He Hanged Himself in Suicideby Ali Watkins and Michael Gold on August 18, 2019 at 12:48 am
The New York City chief medical examiner’s determination refutes conspiracy theories that he may have been murdered.
- ‘Sopranos’ Actress Who Accused Harvey Weinstein of Rape May Testify at His Trialby Jan Ransom on August 17, 2019 at 1:14 pm
To bolster their case, prosecutors want Annabella Sciorra to take the stand, even though Mr. Weinstein is not charged with assaulting her.
- Ernie Colón, Comic Book Artist Who Drew 9/11, Dies at 88by George Gene Gustines on August 17, 2019 at 5:18 am
His art captured the whimsy of Richie Rich, the fantasy realms of Amethyst and the horror of the terrorist attacks.
- Rice Cookers That Prompted Bomb Scare in Subway Investigated as ‘Hoax Devices’by Michael Gold on August 17, 2019 at 4:30 am
The police are seeking a man who was seen leaving the appliances at Fulton Street station. But they cautioned that his intent wasn’t clear.
- Customs Computer Failure Snarls Passengers at U.S. Airportsby Christopher Mele on August 17, 2019 at 4:19 am
Officials said service was restored after about two hours but travelers then faced long waits to be processed.
- Director of M.I.T. Media Lab Apologizes for Ties to Jeffrey Epsteinby Marc Tracy and Tiffany Hsu on August 16, 2019 at 9:24 pm
Joichi Ito, a member of The New York Times Company board, accepted donations to M.I.T. and investment money for outside funds from the financier.
- One Last Run for the ‘Irish Forrest Gump’by Alex Vadukul on August 16, 2019 at 3:24 pm
After years of long-distance running and a tenacious battle with alcohol, a New York pub owner heeds a last call: a final 100-mile run through […]
- Why the N.Y.P.D.’s DNA Database Has Some People Worriedby Aaron Randle on August 16, 2019 at 1:10 pm
Friday: The police say the database is effective in identifying criminals and solving crimes, but some New Yorkers are concerned that it violates […]
- A Gentler Way to Gentrify?by Stefanos Chen on August 16, 2019 at 9:24 am
Gentrifier, interloper, developer: A new breed of builders is attempting to reclaim the “D” word and make development a little kinder and […]
- The N.Y.C. Roots of Trump and ‘Go Back Where You Came From’by Ginia Bellafante on July 20, 2019 at 12:01 am
The president’s remarks, directed at four congresswomen of color, evoke the city in which he came of age.
Are you looking to buy your dream home in the New York City?
If you are a home buyer, my foremost goal is to provide you with exceptional customer service. My passion is helping my clients purchase the right home, making sure they don’t miss out on any homes that meet their needs, and ensuring that they don’t pay over market value for their dream home. Please utilize my New York City real estate expertise to make your home search and buying experience as stress free and rewarding as possible.
Are you thinking about relocating to New York City, NY? I can help you find the perfect home and make your move as stress-free as possible. I can offer valuable insight about the area to help you through your home buying experience. Contact Me at (917) 803-3566.
Are your thinking about buying or selling in New York City, New York?
I am a local expert and am here to help guide you through your home buying or selling experience.
Looking for more information about New York City?
Being from the area, you receive the benefits of learning about great neighborhoods, trends and hot spots.