Here is a live feed for local news and top stories. The news feed below will provide information regarding New York Region Breaking News and top articles along with so much more! Directly from the New York Times. You can keep up-to-date on all news in the area.
Bookmark this page as new articles will post daily!
New York Region Breaking News & Headlines
- How a City Once Consumed by Civil Unrest Has Kept Protests Peacefulby Tracey Tully and Kevin Armstrong on June 2, 2020 at 3:35 pm
Newark, New Jersey’s largest city, made no arrests and reported only minimal property damage during a weekend march.
- Coronavirus Global News Tracker: Latest Updateson June 2, 2020 at 3:30 pm
Some lessons: We will live with the virus for a long time and you should be wearing a mask. Paris is reopening cafe terraces.
- Mayor Announces Weeklong Citywide Curfew in N.Y.C.: Live Updateson June 2, 2020 at 3:30 pm
Mayor Bill de Blasio said a citywide curfew would be imposed for the remainder of the week, from 8 p.m. each evening until 5 a.m. the next morning.
- Looters Strike at Macy’s and Midtown Manhattan During Protestsby Christina Goldbaum, Liam Stack and Alex Traub on June 2, 2020 at 2:46 pm
The mayhem in the central business district — long an emblem of New York’s stature — was a new blow to a city already weakened by […]
- N.Y.C. Protests Turn Violenton June 2, 2020 at 2:45 pm
There were largely peaceful demonstrations over the death of George Floyd on Sunday, but as the night wore on protesters clashed with the police […]
- New York’s Days of Protest: What It Looked Like From the Streetsby David Gonzalez on June 2, 2020 at 2:28 pm
These are our most striking photos from five days of protest where crowds of demonstrators stopped traffic and clashed with police.
- Protests in N.Y.C.: Latest Updateson June 2, 2020 at 2:19 pm
New York City descended into chaos for a fourth night after largely peaceful demonstrations over the death of George Floyd.
- ‘There Is Nothing’: When the Slots Go Dark in a Casino Meccaby Devin Yalkin and David Gonzalez on June 2, 2020 at 1:58 pm
Our photographer went to see how Atlantic City, a place already struggling with poverty and high unemployment, is weathering coronavirus.
- Pandemic to Cost U.S. Economy $7.9 Trillion Over 10 Yearson June 2, 2020 at 1:31 pm
Michigan’s governor lifted a stay-at-home order as other states announced steps to reopen. A Rohingya Muslim who lived in a Bangladesh refugee […]
- Symbol of N.Y.C. Unrest: A Burning Police Carby Azi Paybarah and Nikita Stewart on June 2, 2020 at 10:14 am
So far, 47 police vehicles have been damaged. Some protesters say the attacks reflect pent-up rage against the police, while officials have denounced […]
- Latest Updates of the Protests in NYCon June 2, 2020 at 9:43 am
Despite a curfew, widespread looting erupted in the central business district of Manhattan during a fifth night of protests.
- What New York’s Trash Reveals About Life Under Lockdownby Anne Barnard, Azi Paybarah and Jacob Meschke on June 2, 2020 at 9:00 am
New Yorkers seem to be drinking more at home. But they’re also being productive, decluttering and gardening during the pandemic.
- Inside a Huge George Floyd Protest in Brooklynby Michael Wilson on June 2, 2020 at 1:55 am
A demonstration that began at the Barclays Center drew New Yorkers from many backgrounds. They worried that their goals were being hijacked by […]
- Shattered Glass in SoHo as Looters Ransack Lower Manhattanby Ali Watkins, Derek M. Norman and Nate Schweber on June 2, 2020 at 12:55 am
As the protesters moved north, fringe groups hung back, setting fires, breaking windows and grabbing goods from a string of luxury boutiques.
- Can 8 Million Daily Riders Be Lured Back to N.Y. Mass Transit?by Christina Goldbaum on June 1, 2020 at 8:47 pm
Officials fear disastrous gridlock if people turn to cars because they remain concerned about getting the coronavirus on the subway and other public […]
- The Metropolitan Opera Cancels All Fall Performancesby Michael Cooper on June 1, 2020 at 8:00 pm
Many artists have not been paid since March at the company, which hopes to return on New Year’s Eve after its longest interruption in over a […]
- Chiara de Blasio Arrest: Police Union Disclosed Information in Privacy Breachby Dana Rubinstein and Jeffery C. Mays on June 1, 2020 at 6:50 pm
The Sergeants Benevolent Association posted a police report on the arrest of Chiara de Blasio during a protest on Saturday night.
- How The Coronavirus Ravaged Parents at One Schoolby Somini Sengupta on June 1, 2020 at 1:48 pm
“The level of devastation this small group of people has dealt with, it’s crazy,” said one member of a school committee that is a […]
- Police Cars Rammed Protesters. Here’s What de Blasio’s Response Tells Us.by Dana Rubinstein and Jeffery C. Mays on June 1, 2020 at 7:38 am
Mayor Bill de Blasio has cultivated an image of fighting against inequality and police abuses, yet this crisis has challenged him more than ever.
- Michigan Sheriff Took Off His Helmet and Marched With Protestersby Mariel Padilla on June 1, 2020 at 2:58 am
Sheriff Christopher R. Swanson of Genesee County walked with demonstrators protesting police brutality and the death of George Floyd.
Are you looking to buy your dream home in the New York City?
If you are a home buyer, my foremost goal is to provide you with exceptional customer service. My passion is helping my clients purchase the right home, making sure they don’t miss out on any homes that meet their needs, and ensuring that they don’t pay over market value for their dream home. Please utilize my New York City real estate expertise to make your home search and buying experience as stress free and rewarding as possible.
Are you thinking about relocating to New York City, NY? I can help you find the perfect home and make your move as stress-free as possible. I can offer valuable insight about the area to help you through your home buying experience. Contact Me at (917) 803-3566.
Are your thinking about buying or selling in New York City, New York?
I am a local expert and am here to help guide you through your home buying or selling experience.
Looking for more information about New York City?
Being from the area, you receive the benefits of learning about great neighborhoods, trends and hot spots.