Here is a live feed for local news and top stories. The news feed below will provide information regarding New York Region Breaking News and top articles along with so much more! Directly from the New York Times. You can keep up-to-date on all news in the area.
Bookmark this page as new articles will post daily!
New York Region Breaking News & Headlines
- 5 Key Things to Know About Tiffany Cabánby Rick Rojas on June 26, 2019 at 8:46 pm
Ms. Cabán, a first-time candidate, rode a progressive wave to become the presumptive Democratic nominee for Queens district attorney. […]
- Etika, a YouTube Personality, Is Mourned by Fansby Christine Hauser on June 26, 2019 at 8:17 pm
The 29-year-old’s death highlighted the way that social media networks handle posts by users who are struggling with mental illness. […]
- Why the Democratic Takeover in New Jersey Is More Civil War Than Progressive Revolutionby Nick Corasaniti on June 26, 2019 at 7:51 pm
A chasm between Gov. Philip D. Murphy and more moderate legislators could lead to a government shutdown. […]
- Photos: WorldPride Begins in New Yorkby The New York Times on June 26, 2019 at 7:40 pm
New York City is hosting this year’s WorldPride celebration and commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall rebellion. From parades to […]
- A Twilight Tour at Green-Wood Cemetery in Brooklyn. Refreshments in Sunset Park to Follow.by Margot Boyer-Dry and Max Falkowitz on June 26, 2019 at 7:38 pm
A visit to this space dedicated to death, perhaps surprisingly, makes for a great evening. You’ll leave with fresh air in your lungs, history […]
- Queens D.A. Primary Too Close to Call, as Cabán Narrowly Leads Katzby Jeffery C. Mays and Jan Ransom on June 26, 2019 at 7:02 pm
A six-way race was down to two candidates, with absentee ballots likely to decide whether Tiffany Cabán or Melinda Katz wins the Democratic […]
- What to See in New York Art Galleries Right Nowon June 26, 2019 at 6:58 pm
Steven Parrino’s dark monochromes; Brice Marden’s Cold Mountain drawings; Neo Rauch’s surrealistic sketches; and out-of-this-world […]
- The Joy of Queer Parties: ‘We Breathe, We Dip, We Flex’by Jenna Wortham on June 26, 2019 at 6:14 pm
Gay clubs and safe spaces have historically offered a place for experiences and road-testing new looks, identity expressions, desires and […]
- ‘King Kong’ and ‘Cher Show’ Musicals Announce Closingsby Scott Heller and Nancy Coleman on June 26, 2019 at 5:46 pm
Each show arrived on Broadway with a big name in its title and major creative talents behind the scenes. But audiences kept their distance. […]
- A Touch of Weimar Cabaret in Times Squareby Alex Williams on June 26, 2019 at 5:20 pm
The Paradise Club is the latest endeavor by Ian Schrager to lure night-life A-listers to the tourist mecca. […]
- A Climate Conundrum: The Wind Farm Vs. The Eagle’s Nestby Joseph Goldstein on June 26, 2019 at 4:32 pm
The state wants to get its electricity from carbon-free sources, but expanding renewable energy faces a range of hurdles. […]
- Do the Police Belong at Pride? Marches Face a Difficult Questionby Liam Stack on June 26, 2019 at 4:11 pm
Pride parades were inspired by the 1969 Stonewall riots, which pitted L.G.B.T. people against the police. […]
- How Subway Delays and the Homeless Crisis Are Intertwinedby Winnie Hu on June 26, 2019 at 3:42 pm
A New York City program aims to move homeless people out of the subway by giving them shelter and support services instead of tickets. […]
- Sex Sells, but When It Comes to Female Pleasure, the New York Subway Isn’t So Sureby Maya Salam on June 26, 2019 at 2:42 pm
A sex toy company is suing the M.T.A. for banning its advertising, calling it a “double standard.&rdquo […]
- At WorldPride in N.Y., Millions Are Expected to Celebrate and, for Some, Come Outby Kimiko de Freytas-Tamura on June 26, 2019 at 2:41 pm
The celebration is expected to be one of the largest L.G.B.T.Q. gatherings in the world, according to organizers and officials. […]
- Where in N.Y.C. to Watch the Democratic Debatesby Azi Paybarah on June 26, 2019 at 2:14 pm
Wednesday: Two nights of debates means two nights of watch parties across the city. […]
- Southold, N.Y.: A Waterfront Hamlet on the Neighborly North Forkby Jan Benzel on June 26, 2019 at 9:01 am
In this quiet Long Island enclave, the tranquil beaches and vineyards are part of the draw. So are the friendly residents. […]
- Live in a Regulated Apartment? New York City Just Decided Your Rentby Luis Ferré-Sadurní on June 26, 2019 at 7:09 am
The increases will be in effect for rent-stabilized tenants who renew leases after Oct. 1. […]
- Steve Dunleavy, Brash Face of Murdoch Journalism, Dies at 81by Sam Roberts on June 26, 2019 at 12:22 am
An Australian with sartorial dash, he was a reporter, columnist, editor and TV correspondent who practiced a feisty brand of tabloid journalism. […]
- The Gay Jewish Matador From Brooklynby Corey Kilgannon on June 25, 2019 at 1:51 pm
Sidney Franklin was “hiding in plain sight” as a closeted bullfighter in a macho sport. He became a legend in Spain and loved dressing […]
Are you looking to buy your dream home in the New York City?
If you are a home buyer, my foremost goal is to provide you with exceptional customer service. My passion is helping my clients purchase the right home, making sure they don’t miss out on any homes that meet their needs, and ensuring that they don’t pay over market value for their dream home. Please utilize my New York City real estate expertise to make your home search and buying experience as stress free and rewarding as possible.
Are you thinking about relocating to New York City, NY? I can help you find the perfect home and make your move as stress-free as possible. I can offer valuable insight about the area to help you through your home buying experience. Contact Me at (917) 803-3566.
Are your thinking about buying or selling in New York City, New York?
I am a local expert and am here to help guide you through your home buying or selling experience.
Looking for more information about New York City?
Being from the area, you receive the benefits of learning about great neighborhoods, trends and hot spots.