Here is a live feed for local news and top stories. The news feed below will provide information regarding New York Region Breaking News and top articles along with so much more! Directly from the New York Times. You can keep up-to-date on all news in the area.
Bookmark this page as new articles will post daily!
New York Region Breaking News & Headlines
- Climate Strike N.Y.C.: Crowds March, With Greta Thunberg to Speakby Anne Barnard and James Barron on September 20, 2019 at 8:06 pm
“I feel hopeful seeing the power of all these people here today,” a teenager said of the protest, which drew tens of thousands.
- De Blasio’s Back: Here Are 6 Major Problems He’s Facingby Michael Gold on September 20, 2019 at 7:24 pm
He has more than two more years left as mayor to build on the progressive track record he promoted in his aborted presidential run.
- De Blasio Quits Presidential Race; Trump Gloatsby Jeffery C. Mays on September 20, 2019 at 6:43 pm
Mayor Bill de Blasio of New York City, whose run for the Democratic nomination was often described as quixotic, never gained traction.
- Look to the Skies to See the Bat-Signal in Cities Worldwideby George Gene Gustines on September 20, 2019 at 4:53 pm
In a celebration of Batman started by DC Comics, sites including the former Domino Sugar building in Brooklyn will be emblazoned with his symbol on […]
- 6ix9ine’s Testimony: The Rapper’s Rise, Beefs and Crash, in His Own Wordsby Joe Coscarelli on September 20, 2019 at 4:23 pm
This week in federal court, a polarizing musician was an eager witness, describing how his career was tied to his association with the Nine Trey […]
- ‘Where’s My Roy Cohn?’ Review: A Fixer’s Progressby A.O. Scott on September 20, 2019 at 4:23 pm
A documentary traces the life and times of a notorious lawyer whose career stretched from Joseph McCarthy to Donald J. Trump.
- Teachers in New York City Barred From Attending Climate Protestby Anne Barnard on September 20, 2019 at 4:09 pm
The decision underlines the difficulties in separating the politics of climate change from teaching about the science of it.
- The Empire State Building: Renewing the Affairby James S. Russell on September 20, 2019 at 4:03 pm
A revamped tower wants your love. It’s offering King Kong, flying steel girders — and a vertiginous ride to the 102nd floor. The […]
- Seven Ways Telecommuting Has Changed Real Estateby Lisa Prevost on September 20, 2019 at 3:41 pm
As more people are able to work from home, housing priorities have changed, and different places and types of housing have become more popular.
- Trump Lawyers Argue He Cannot Be Criminally Investigatedby Michael Gold on September 20, 2019 at 3:03 pm
The president’s legal team is trying to block a subpoena seeking his tax returns, claiming that any criminal investigation of Mr. Trump is […]
- Tekashi 69 Testifies on Kidnapping, Jim Jones and Cardi Bby Colin Moynihan and Azi Paybarah on September 20, 2019 at 3:03 pm
It was the third day of testimony by Tekashi 69, who has sat for hours, detailing the inner workings of the gang and hip-hop industry.
- 65 Block Parties, 5 Boroughs, 1 New York Summerby Aaron Randle on September 20, 2019 at 2:40 pm
Friday: Celebrating the tradition of New Yorkers spilling out onto the concrete.
- De Blasio to Developers: Donate to My Nonprofit. $125,000 Came.by Jeffery C. Mays on September 20, 2019 at 7:24 am
Three developers were fined tens of thousands of dollars for potentially violating lobbying laws by donating to Mayor Bill de Blasio’s […]
- Bears (and Lynx and Rhinos) Are Officially ‘Dangerous,’ N.Y. Saysby Jesse McKinley on September 20, 2019 at 7:00 am
A spate of attacks on people prompted the state to expand its list of harmful animals to include more snakes, monkeys and others.
- The Views From the Top: How They Measure Upby James S. Russell on September 20, 2019 at 4:10 am
We compare Top of the Rock, One World Observatory and Edge.
- He Captured a Clandestine Gay Culture Amid the Derelict Piersby Holland Cotter on September 20, 2019 at 4:07 am
Alvin Baltrop’s photographs of the abandoned Hudson River piers and the people who populated them in the 1970s and ’80s have been all but […]
- Review: ‘Novenas’ Offers Prayers for a Hospital That Diedby Jesse Green on September 20, 2019 at 3:57 am
The epicenter of New York’s AIDS epidemic, St. Vincent’s (1849-2010) is the subject of a memorial service that’s also a play.
- Dia:Chelsea to Offer Free Admissionby Peter Libbey on September 20, 2019 at 3:55 am
When the exhibition space reopens in 2020 with a project by Renata Lucas, all five of Dia’s New York City sites will be free.
- Man Trained by Hezbollah Scouted Times Square as Target, Prosecutors Sayby Ed Shanahan on September 20, 2019 at 3:50 am
He is accused of spending years gathering intelligence on sites in New York, including airports, tunnels and bridges.
- Officer Who Guarded El Chapo’s Wife Is Accused of Dealing Drugsby Edgar Sandoval on September 20, 2019 at 3:49 am
The 12-year police veteran worked off-duty providing security to the Mexican drug lord’s wife during his trial.
Are you looking to buy your dream home in the New York City?
If you are a home buyer, my foremost goal is to provide you with exceptional customer service. My passion is helping my clients purchase the right home, making sure they don’t miss out on any homes that meet their needs, and ensuring that they don’t pay over market value for their dream home. Please utilize my New York City real estate expertise to make your home search and buying experience as stress free and rewarding as possible.
Are you thinking about relocating to New York City, NY? I can help you find the perfect home and make your move as stress-free as possible. I can offer valuable insight about the area to help you through your home buying experience. Contact Me at (917) 803-3566.
Are your thinking about buying or selling in New York City, New York?
I am a local expert and am here to help guide you through your home buying or selling experience.
Looking for more information about New York City?
Being from the area, you receive the benefits of learning about great neighborhoods, trends and hot spots.