Here is a live feed for local news and top stories. The news feed below will provide information regarding New York Region Breaking News and top articles along with so much more! Directly from the New York Times. You can keep up-to-date on all news in the area.
Bookmark this page as new articles will post daily!
New York Region Breaking News & Headlines
- Con Edison Points to Record-Breaking Power Usage to Explain Outageby Michael Gold and Patrick McGeehan on July 22, 2019 at 11:54 pm
By Sunday night, the load on the grid was setting a weekend record: 12,063 megawatts. More than 12,000 customers were still without electricity on […]
- She Went to Court to Save Her 3-Year-Old Daughter. Days Later, the Child Was Dead.by Nikita Stewart on July 22, 2019 at 11:33 pm
The death of Autumn Coleman, whose father is accused of trapping her in a burning car, has renewed calls to examine how decisions in Family Court can […]
- ‘Anna Delvey’ Might Not Profit From Netflix Series on Her Life as a Fake Heiressby Sharon Otterman on July 22, 2019 at 11:33 pm
New York’s attorney general has invoked “Son of Sam” law in trying to keep Anna Sorokin from profiting from her crimes. […]
- Robert Morgenthau, Longtime Manhattan District Attorney, Dies at 99by Robert D. McFadden on July 22, 2019 at 11:12 pm
Mr. Morgenthau was the bane of mobsters and crooked politicians and a confidant of mayors and governors, who came and went while he stayed on for […]
- Before El Chapo’s Sentencing, a Campout for Reportersby Emily Palmer on July 22, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Twenty-two journalists gathered before midnight in sleeping bags and folding chairs outside the courthouse, just as we’d done during the drug […]
- In SoHo, Fresh Fruits and the Tarts They Inspireby Florence Fabricant on July 22, 2019 at 10:28 pm
A pop-up sells hard-to-find ripe fruit, and the pastry chef Dominique Ansel dedicates a week to fresh fruit tarts. […]
- How Much Is a View Worth in Manhattan? Try $11 Millionby J. David Goodman on July 22, 2019 at 9:37 pm
When a group of loft owners were confronted with a proposed tower that would have blotted out their views, they gave a developer $11 million to not […]
- A Focaccia That Behaves Like a Pizzaby Florence Fabricant on July 22, 2019 at 7:41 pm
Focaccia di Recco, a thin bread stuffed with stracchino cheese, is now on the menu at Kesté in the financial district. […]
- What a Heat Wave Looks Likeby Mariel Padilla on July 22, 2019 at 6:29 pm
Photos capture how dangerously hot it was this weekend across the country. […]
- Hugh Southern, a Creator of the TKTS Booth, Dies at 87by Katharine Q. Seelye on July 22, 2019 at 5:53 pm
He held high-profile positions at the Metropolitan Opera and the National Endowment for the Arts, battling critics who wanted to abolish the agency. […]
- Cuomo Says Progressives Have It All Wrong: ‘I Am the Left’by Jesse McKinley on July 22, 2019 at 5:43 pm
Gov. Andrew Cuomo said many newly elected Democrats have offered only “bumper sticker” solutions. […]
- Flooding in Riverside Park: Good for Ducks. Bad for Amtrak Trains Below?by Sharon Otterman on July 22, 2019 at 5:29 pm
Underneath the 330-acre park in Manhattan, trains run to and from Albany, Niagara Falls and beyond. […]
- Jonathan Groff to Lead Off Broadway ‘Little Shop of Horrors’by Michael Paulson on July 22, 2019 at 5:24 pm
The two-time Tony nominee is teaming up with the director Michael Mayer for a Westside Theater production in September. […]
- What’s Inside Jeffrey Epstein’s Little Black Book?by Vanessa Friedman and Jonah Engel Bromwich on July 22, 2019 at 5:24 pm
For some named in Mr. Epstein’s address book, there’s confusion about what they’re doing there. […]
- My Frantic Life as a Cab-Dodging, Tip-Chasing Food App Deliverymanby Andy Newman on July 22, 2019 at 4:22 pm
Our reporter spent 27 hours as a rider for food-delivery apps. Two-thirds of his customers did not tip. […]
- Amid Heat Wave in New York, 50,000 Lose Electricityby Ali Watkins and Ashley Southall on July 22, 2019 at 4:06 pm
Early Monday, Con Edison said 30,000 had their power restored and the remaining would have power restored by the afternoon. […]
- The Risky Business of Bringing You Lunchby Azi Paybarah on July 22, 2019 at 1:20 pm
Monday: When a New Yorker uses a food app, a cyclist faces dilemmas and dangers. […]
- Living in the First Passive-House High-Riseby Kim Velsey on July 22, 2019 at 9:00 am
The airtight building on Roosevelt Island has helped one Cornell scientist keep his heating and electricity bills to $30 a month. […]
- What Our Reporter Learned Delivering Burritos to New Yorkersby Andy Newman on July 22, 2019 at 6:55 am
Andy Newman, a reporter for the Metro section of The Times, worked as a food app deliveryman for his new beat covering jobs through the eyes of the […]
- He Wasn’t Seeking to Kill a Mob Boss. He Was Trying to Help Trump, His Lawyer Says.by Ali Watkins on July 22, 2019 at 4:21 am
In new court documents, the lawyer for Anthony Comello says he became obsessed by far-right QAnon conspiracy theories. […]
Are you looking to buy your dream home in the New York City?
If you are a home buyer, my foremost goal is to provide you with exceptional customer service. My passion is helping my clients purchase the right home, making sure they don’t miss out on any homes that meet their needs, and ensuring that they don’t pay over market value for their dream home. Please utilize my New York City real estate expertise to make your home search and buying experience as stress free and rewarding as possible.
Are you thinking about relocating to New York City, NY? I can help you find the perfect home and make your move as stress-free as possible. I can offer valuable insight about the area to help you through your home buying experience. Contact Me at (917) 803-3566.
Are your thinking about buying or selling in New York City, New York?
I am a local expert and am here to help guide you through your home buying or selling experience.
Looking for more information about New York City?
Being from the area, you receive the benefits of learning about great neighborhoods, trends and hot spots.